I can’t say how much I love this recipe. And it only has 3 net carbs in it.
Low carb Stromboli
4 tbsp. almond flour
3-4 tbsp. coconut flour (add the 4th based on how wet the crust looks and feels) If you add the last tablespoon extend the cooking time to 15-20 minutes.
4 tbsp. melted butter
1 1/4 cups mozzarella shredded
1/2 tsp. fennel seed
1 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
10-15 slices pepperoni
and anything else that sounds good.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- melt butter in microwave and set aside
- combine spices with the cheese and melt in microwave 2 minutes at 30% power for 1200 watts
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, melted butter, egg, in to the melted cheese spices mixture.
- microwave the dough for 10-15 seconds
- and then again right before you roll the dough out. Another 10 seconds.
- form a rectangle of square by rolling the dough out and shaping it.
- cut sides to get even lengths.
- use pizza cutter to make strips down the sides – 1/3 of the way in to leave room
- add various fillings – fold strips over
- fold up dough on the ends to close
- bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes
per serving – 300 calories, 26 g of fat, 13 g protein, 5 g carbs, 2 g fiber, so only 3 net carbs!
So this was a very easy meal to make and very filling. Very satisfying. So not only is this a great low carb meal but it also fits into P3 of the HCG diet quite easily.